Cold forging is a highly productive, economical industrial process and is a valid alternative to forging, casting and turning.
The economic advantages of cold forging can be summarized for us in:
- less material waste compared to machining by chip removal;
- in many cases it is possible to use a material with lower initial characteristics (therefore less expensive to obtain characteristics on the finished piece equal to those of steels suitable for machining by chip removal;
- it is possible to obtain pieces without burrs and edges thus reducing the duration and the number of subsequent processes to obtain the finished piece;
- the possibility of obtaining “monoblock” pieces thus avoiding the use of assembly steps;
- in some cases the use of heat treatments can be avoided;
- possibility of high production rates per hour.